Zita West Fertility
General Treatment Services Available To Help Fertility
- Boosting Fertility
- Pre-conception Planning and Care
- Preparation and Support for IVF
- Fertility Fitness Assessments
- Male Reproductive Health
- Pregnancy Planning and Care
- Ante-natal Training and Support
- Post-natal Care and Support
How I naturally assist your fertility
It’s natural for couples to assume they will get pregnant soon after they start trying, but it often doesn’t work out that way, for lots of reasons. In any one cycle a couple has a 25% chance of conceiving and on average it takes 8 months to fall pregnant.
A consultation with me can help you discover what it is preventing you from conceiving. I’ll review every medical aspect of you and your partner’s reproductive health and history as well as your physical and emotional health, in order to identify what may be preventing success. This may reveal the need for further medical examinations and tests. Or it may just identify some valuable areas for improvement in your approach.
How does Acupuncture help me to get pregnant?
By enhancing fertility:
How can Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine enhance fertility?
- Assists in normalizing hormones to increase the number of follicles
- Improves ovarian function to produce better quality eggs
- Increases blood flow to the uterus and increases uterine thickness
- Reduces side effects of assisted reproductive hormonal treatments
- Lessens stress and enhances relaxation
- Strengthens the body’s immune system
- Improves sperm count, motility and morphology
- Diminishes the chance of miscarriage
- Decreases uterine contractibility for implantation
By treating what is sometimes called “unexplained infertility” as well as treating diagnosed conditions including:
- Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries(PCOS), uterine fibroids
- Hormonal imbalances, elevated prolactin etc.
- Anovulation (lack of ovulation), Luteal phase defect
- Amenorrhea (no period), unexplained infertility
- Advanced maternal age, recurrent miscarriage
- Stress, insomnia, depression, fatigue
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Male infertility
- Improve the outcome of assisted reproduction procedures (IVF,IUI etc)
There are many reasons why a woman may have difficulty conceiving, age is just one of them. Other reasons may include irregular menstruation, hormone imbalance, cold uterus and blood deficiency to name a few.
By increasing the effectiveness of IVF and ICSI:
- Research shows that acupuncture and herbal medicine improves the function of the ovaries to produce better quality eggs
- TCM helps to regulate the hormone levels to help produce a larger number of follicles
- Increased blood flow to the uterus in turn creates a thicker uterine lining. The result is better likelihood of implantation of the embryo to the uterus.
- During implantation of the embryos, acupuncture and herbs can help prevent the uterus from contracting, thereby also preventing the patient from experiencing painful cramps.
- Lessen the side effects of the drugs used in IVF, such as emotional instability, insomnia, palpitations, etc.
- Acupuncture and herbal medicine can strongly strengthen the immune system
- For males, TCM can improve the quality and quantity of the semen to create better quality embryos
- Preparing for IVF with Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
It is best for the preparation to begin three months before IVF treatments begin. In this time, my goal is to improve the function of the ovaries to produce good quality eggs. The treatment method is varied, depending on the patient’s individual diagnosis and factor of infertility. Some methods used include tonifying the kidneys, spleen, qi, and blood, smoothing the liver qi, and circulating the blood. At my clinic, many patients have seen results of decreased FSH levels, resumed regular menstrual cycles, and some even became pregnant naturally!
Ante-natal patient management
Lastly, once the patient does become pregnant, acupuncture and herbs can help to decrease the chances of miscarriage. For women over 40 years old, pregnancies with IVF have an approximate 46% rate of miscarriage after six weeks. This percentage can be greatly reduced with the help of Chinese medicine.
The Benefits of Choosing Co Kerry’s only Zita West Affiliated Acupuncturist
• Wide-ranging Medical and Complementary Health Experience
By choosing Kerry Acupuncture Clinics you not only get the benefit of my individual experience but a direct link between you, and your journey towards conception, and the training and support of Zita and her colleagues too. The Zita West Clinic works with thousands of women and men each year, helping them to boost their chances of conceiving successfully (both naturally and through IVF) and helping those who are already pregnant to have the best pregnancy possible. This provides an unrivalled breadth and depth of knowledge to be shared with members of the network and their clients.
• Exclusive Discounts on Zita West Clinic Services
Choosing a Zita West affiliated practitioner also provides clients with unique access to a range of Zita West clinical services – some of which are available by phone as well as in person – all at special discounted prices.
• Discounts on the Zita West Range of Nutritional Products.
Clients of member practitioners are entitled to further discounts on Zita’s best-selling range of premium nutritional supplements for fertility, pregnancy and breast-feeding too (20% off RRP ex p&p). Similar discounts are available on her range of books, CDs, cosmetic products and gift-sets as well.
• FREE Fact Sheets to help your fertility and support your pregnancy.